Henwood vs. Cockburn

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Thu Nov 11 11:52:53 PST 1999

Max Sawicky wrote:

>I have to say I strongly support this remark
>by AC, though not so much its focus on
>Henwood:
>
>"Apropos my supposed enthusiasm for the right, I think, Doug, your
>problem is that you rarely advance into the American hinterland west of the
>Hudson, and regard it as a place of terror infested with fundamentalists,
>militia men and other demons of the polite liberal metropolitan imagination
>inflamed by hysterical fundraising letters from Morris Dees. . . . "

This is horseshit. I think Morris Dees is a faker. I like the stuff that Ken Silverstein did in Counterpunch (for which Cockburn inevitably got credit) exposing him as a poseur. I got accused of being soft on racism for writing in LBO and on several e-lists that "the militias" were not the gang of crypto-fasicsts that a lot of leftists were denouncing them as. Ask Charles Brown about this.

Doug