progressive elements of the big bourgeoisie

Christine Peterson quintanus at hotmail.com
Sat Nov 13 12:03:46 PST 1999

>>Pat Buchanan is
>>seeking this exact alliance - bringing on Lenora Fulani as co-chairwoman
>>for
>>this exact gambit - and the basic coalition agreement is exactly based on
>>that anti-third world worker position: anti-immigrant, English-only, and
>>trade protectionist.
>
>Actually, I think Buchanan is interested in Fulani & Co.'s mastery of
>state ballot laws, not her constituency, which is microscopic.
>
>Doug

I think she's being dumb. I mean, I understand why Fulani is doing this - it would be frustrating always getting shut out of the media, while Buchanan constantly is getting covered. But it seems than most other sane people who briefly go through the thought process: 'wow, Buchanan actually is with us on certain trade issues; maybe we could create a populist coalition' are rightfully turned off when Buchanan opens his mouth again. Ideas do actually mean something and stand for something. Aren't there other people she could create a populist coalition with?

I am wondering if McCain will actually deflate Bush after this first New Hampshire poll, and even though McCain still supports a lot of bad things and killed a lot of people in Vietnam, and has anger management issues, McCain vs. Bradley in a presidential debate would be the first actually debate of substance in decades.

I wonder if Ammiano can win in SF. There was a nut yesterday who stated on a web site that he was going to kill him, and described his schedule so precisely that he must have been following from his house in the morning. Christine