women?feminism?

Rakesh Bhandari bhandari at phoenix.princeton.edu
Wed Nov 17 11:00:13 PST 1999

Hi Katha,

Quite a storm about your book has appeared on amazon.com!

By the way, does Acocella analyze the iatrogenic (sp?) effects of such invidious classification--in other words, how the helping professions acting in terms of their own classifications themselves induce the behavior they are treating? I can't remember the precise dynamics of this process, but remember reading somewhere something by Ian Hacking about this well known psychological process.

Yours, Rakesh