SZ

Enrique Diaz-Alvarez enrique at anise.ee.cornell.edu
Thu Nov 18 11:16:19 PST 1999

Doug Henwood wrote:

> Katha Pollitt wrote:
>
> >Gee doug -- do you need Zizek for that?
>
> No, but he helps.
>
> Actually I was using "Zizekian" as a shorthand for taking collective
> fantasy seriously as a political category. That applies to the day
> care scandals and to the body-part thieving stories that Maureen
> mentioned -

How about the Bubble? A Zizekian analysis of scamazon.com stock price and the Incredible Expanding P/E Ratio - now that'd be cool!

-- Enrique Diaz-Alvarez Office # (607) 255 5034 Electrical Engineering Home # (607) 272 4808 112 Phillips Hall Fax # (607) 255 4565 Cornell University mailto:enrique at ee.cornell.edu Ithaca, NY 14853 http://peta.ee.cornell.edu/~enrique