No subject

paula laflame at mindspring.com
Thu Nov 18 18:42:45 PST 1999

Ah-hah! I knew it. I knew it. When I wrote in to Counterpunch saying I thought they should ditch the Evil in Babylon thing cause it lessened their credibility, and that I just liked them "cause you tell the facts and name the names", I always suspected it was Cockburn and not that other guy whose writing originally got me to subscribe, who took my suggestion, literally, without so much as a howdyado. That was one I thought I'd always subscribe to, but, well, you know. The gossip thing got old.

That last phrase sounded familiar. A quick search turns up:

>From: "Steve Perry" <sperry at usinternet.com>
>To: <lbo-talk at lists.panix.com>
>Subject: re: NYP and its writers
>Date: Sat, 13 Nov 1999 15:28:13 -0600
>
>[...]
>
>one thing, though--this whole cockburn/pollitt/henwood row of the past
>few days has been a welcome respite from the logorrhea of the
>lacan openers.

I must write a letter to NYP and clarify: my tastes are more Zizekian than strictly Lacanian, but who can tell one continental egghead from another anyway?

Doug