The Louis Thing

paula laflame at mindspring.com
Sat Nov 20 13:35:39 PST 1999

LaBOsters, Hi Doug. Hi Angie.

It seems long ago when I arrived here all new to the internet and ignorant to the ways of cut and paste but I do remember forming a picture of Louis that was amused and sympathetic, ie, empathy for his apparent discomfort. Doug coddled him then. One reason I'm shocked that he's attacking you Doug. I really enjoyed getting the Marxist wrap-up since I haven't read much. Louis could be a good explainer, but he took himself so seriously and acted like a walking raw nerve. A lot of things intimidate me but this behavior is not among them. Had I not been blessed by years of the natural inertia of depressiion and drink, I could have been Louis, or worse yet, the other Louis I know, my ass-hole father. So I know the type.

Doug I haven't retired from stock trading though I am tired of it. It gives me a spasm in my left shoulder. I'm sitting on a ton of General Magic(and a few others), purportedly the biggest loser stock ever invented. Buying more. Have lost money but have saved a great deal of money through my own proprietary Forced Savings Plan, called "Paying Off Your Margin". Hey, some people buy shoes. At one time I owned like 30 stocks and I was trading every day practically. Calmed way down. Now I own things like Cyberian Outpost cause they deliver my packages for free, the next day. Borders cause I love buying music there.

I am still fascinated watching business/tech developments though. The market is merciless.('cept when they're not) I had no idea. I listen to conference calls now. And I'm the only one I've heard of that is predicting the downfall of Microsoft(unless that judge saves them from themselves). They lost my portfolio, the bums.

Regarding my earlier computor upgrade question: I see that Corel is going to be offering a Linux interface for us non-techies.

smooches paula

ps. Angie, Louis absolutely refused to speak to me, and I tried. I don't remember him engaging anyone that wasn't published, but that might not be 100%. At least Mark tried to recruit me/invite me to his list. It's a good thing I'm not looking for a leader.