[Fwd: Re: Ron Paul]

Katha Pollitt kpollitt at thenation.com
Sat Nov 20 17:53:49 PST 1999

Katha Pollitt wrote:

> Do you really think Alex is THAT lazy? I think he knows and doesn't
> care. similarly, he has to know about larry Pratt's death-squad
> connections, because in an e mail back last summer you or jeff told me
> had had professed surprise to hear of them after the CP puff piece. but
> here he is in the Nation this week, puffing Pratt again!
>

> katha

whoops -- that was a private message to someone who thinks Alex may not know Ron Paul's record. Hard to believe -- it takes five minutes to find and scan his website--plus I'm, assuming anyone who took the trouble to find out paul's ideas about gold would find other information fairly inescapable. Paul, boosted by alex as a "libertarian" (or was it "independent") in the nation, has been a hardcore rightwing Republican for ages, minus about three minutes when he ran as a libertarian before returning to the Republicans. His Website used to include a claim to have been one of Reagan's earliest supporters. Katha