'Natural Capitalism' praised by Clinton

michael perelman michael at ecst.csuchico.edu
Sun Nov 21 14:40:16 PST 1999

I had not read the book, but I am familiar with their work. The moral of Natural Capitalism is that the technologies that will solve environmental problems are already here were just around the corner: energy-efficient buildings, refrigerators, light bulbs and even cars. Unfortunately business and consumers are too ignorant to make the right choices.

They're not entirely wrong. What makes this book to so attractive for Clinton is that it suggests that the kind of tinkering that Clinton proposes for any serious problem will be sufficient to make substantial progress.

Tel. 530-898-5321 E-Mail michael at ecst.csuchico.edu