[Fwd: Re: Mistress Judith (was Re: Butler on Spivak)]

kelley oudies at flash.net
Wed Nov 24 07:47:12 PST 1999

>Ha! But don't you see the eroticism in sports, wrestling in particular?
Most men, I
>think, find the sight of two women wrestling erotic. You don't feel the
same way about
>men? I wonder how Kelley's feels about that.

firstly, can't figure out why the leap to wrestling. the best grunts and groans--and ones that so often approximate sexual grunts and groans--are ennunciated on the tennis courts if you ask me. again i say, get some crumby sexbeat music going and you coudln't tell the difference! it's why i make potential dating material play a few games first. what better way is there to tell what kind of partner they might make then to assess how they play the game -- tennis is absolutely like a relationship. your ability to keep the game going without slamming the other person right off the bat because you want to keep the game alive rather than winning tells me all i need to know about a potential mate.

of course kelley also finds it erotic. in the first place i'm queer. in the second place, had i not identified as so, i would likely find it erotic as most women in the US do because media images eroticize lesbian desire and portray it as infinitely acceptable [albeit a certain kind of lesbian desire as i've been suggesting here]. buy yourself a cosmo or vogue, especially a fall season fashion issue, and you'll see what i mean. and not only that, it's simply acceptable for women to have close physical embraces for all sorts of reasons, not the least of which is that it turns men on. a good het woman knows that. i can't recall the numbers now, but het women find other women's bodies far more arousing than they do men's bodies my students always tell be that this is natural be/c men's bodies are ugly, women's are naturally more beautiful. whatever!

kelley