Only one sex?

Roger Odisio rodisio at igc.org
Fri Nov 26 21:22:32 PST 1999

kelley wrote:

> >There is a simple way to show the existence of more than one sex.
> >>Reproduction of the species is possible only by the physical coupling of two
> >>different population cohorts (what some of us call the male sex and the
> >female
> >>sex)
>
> this is untrue. women only need the injection of sperm. she doesn'thave
> to to couple with a man.

Absolutley disengenuous, and frankly beneath you, kelley. You *know* my argument doesn't hinge on coupling. The existence of two sexes hinges on the fact that the contribution of both--sperm and egg--is necessary for reproduction. Not whether they couple, or, as I mentioned, whether the fetus is nurtured within the woman before birth.

I invite you again to consider my real argument. Really.

RO