Only one sex?

kelley oudies at flash.net
Fri Nov 26 19:12:19 PST 1999

the point once again roger is that you said coupling. you were completely incapable of imaging technology play a role, you were completely incapable of imagiining another history, you were completely incapable of recognzing that there are queers. you *said* identity. there is nothing determinative about biology, again, that makes us men and women. do you understand the disinction between sex and gender? please read the post on three genders and then explain it for me and keep telling me about how sex involves physical coupling --and your argument *does* hinge on that because you relate it to identity. once we stop coupling to reproduce it would be no more a part of our identity to produce eggs and sperm than it is to produce dead skin cells. and again, how we think about sex/gender, how we represent it to ourselves is varied culturally and historically and there is no necessary determination behaind thinking of men and women as having identities based on or grounded in the reproductive system.