eXile on Simes on Russia

Michael Pugliese debsian at pacbell.net
Sun Nov 28 12:20:44 PST 1999

Edward Limonov, the novelist is mentioned in passing. Years ago I read a couple of his novels about being a bisexual exile in NYC. Very funny, btw.A couple of places in the novels were full of bombast equating American capitalism and Soviet Stalinism. Now he is back in the fSSU. According to Martin Lee's, "The Beast Reawakens," on postwar fascism neo and otherwise, finally out in paperback, Limonov is part of the red-brown political alliance in Russia. I gather the Zyganov CPRF and neofascists are cooperating. Yesterday I saw a CPRF statement laying out the points of agreement between the CPRF and what they call the "patriotic" forces. Zyganov has been known to use the code words about int'l. bankers and Zionists. Anyone here expert on either Zyganov or the Limonov types. Walter Laquer has a book on Russian fascism, "Black Hundreds," but I've only given it a quick look see.

Michael Pugliese