article of interest

Michael Yates mikey+ at pitt.edu
Mon Nov 29 09:55:59 PST 1999

The current issue of Lingua Franca has an interesting article titled,"Is Bad Writing Necessary." On one side naturally is the bete noir of many on these lists, Judith Butler. On the other is our dear friend and list contributor, Katha Pollitt. Here are some of the names mentioned in the article: Orwell, Foucault, Adorno, Jacoby, Sokal, Pollitt, Butler, Eagleton, Spivak, Chomsky, and a host of other "frequently cited on LBO" thinkers. What a list!!(LBO I mean).

michael yates