Paglia in WSJ

Jim heartfield jim at heartfield.demon.co.uk
Sat Oct 2 15:41:00 PDT 1999

Well, the usual fireworks from Camille Paglia, but hardly warranting the epithet of racism. I should say it was a pleasure to find someone who felt so strongly about teaching. And on this score, she is absolutely right: the reduction of all knowledge to vested interests is a wholly pernicious influence on scholarship (it derives not from the revolutionary left, but the increasingly conservative Mannheim).

If Paglia is the enemy, then its the wrong war.

In message <v04210107b41c2bf2ef95@[166.84.250.86]>, Doug Henwood <dhenwood at panix.com> writes

-- Jim heartfield