Paglia in WSJ

Stephen E Philion philion at hawaii.edu
Sat Oct 2 18:30:07 PDT 1999

Certainly, Jim, you would agree that Aijaz Ahmad's contribution to issues Paglia addresses below are far more interesting? Makes Paglia's critique look awfully amaterish at best.

Remembering the Jim's Post-modernist litmus test (i.e. anyone who uses a word that post-modernists frequently employ, regardless of context, is a post-modernist)...I tried not to use any words that might induce you to label me a post modernist this time. Oops, I used the word critique I just noticed...Oh boy, here comes, "Steve Philion is a post-modernist...look, he uses the word essentialist in one post, and now, here he goes again with 'critique'.....hmmmm

Steve