Of gods and vampires: an introduction to psychoanalysis

kelley kcwalker at syr.edu
Mon Oct 4 13:51:34 PDT 1999

It's a
>scandal I say, an absolute scandal.

utter nonsense. calling hab on the carpet for all this is absurd. why? because as any first yr. phil of social sciences student knows, *all* theoretical frameworks rest on presuppositions. ripping apart a theory on that basis is redick.

also, don't you have to deal with karl otto apel here...?

The idea of "the subject
>presumed to know" is a rather Lacanian idea - so I'd wager
>that you'd have a tough time dismantling Lacan from within
>without inadvertently verifying the very thing you wish to
>critique).

so uuuum is that like a performative contradiction you're accusing yoshie of?