debating libertarians

Wed Oct 6 13:26:41 PDT 1999

>>> jf noonan <jfn1 at msc.com> 10/06/99 04:08PM >>>
On Wed, 6 Oct 1999, Charles Brown wrote:

> Charles: What's so special about Waco ? The day to day
> operation of police agents from feds to the city departments
> suppresses individual freedom en masse. Is there a member
> of the executive branch anywhere in the country, from city
> to state to feds, that shouldn't be in prison by this ?

What makes Waco stand out, is that they surrounded the place, played at negotiating a way out, then when they got tired of waiting the made up an excuse (typical Clintinoid "it's for the children") and blew the place up. The coldly calculated premeditated nature is what some find so revolting.

That said, I will not enter into a calculus of evil where we assign this inhuman act this value and the other one that value. Yes the pigs are out of control all over the place. Yes that is systemic and institutionalized. But I will not enter a debate over whether the killing of,say, Diallo is more or less evil than the burning of the compound at Waco.

Charles: Sorry, I didn't mean to suggest that debate. I can see that my phrasing might suggest it. Waco was certainly a spectacular example. I can't quite come up with why the feds were so out to get that group, why all the premeditation. I mean you may be correct in your inference, but what was the political motive of the feds ?

> And , oh by the way, who is going to be running this prison

Why the people's revolutionary tribunal, of course.

Charles: Is that like the Paris Cocoon ?