[fla-left] Bloody execution photos draw gamut of responses(fwd)

Jordan Hayes jmhayes at j-o-r-d-a-n.com
Sun Oct 10 21:45:39 PDT 1999

> I don't mind a reasoned argument against CP.
> Chances are I would buy a lot of it.

How about:

1) It's been abused, especially along race/class lines 2) It's bloody expensive (~3x more than simple incarceration) 3) There's no evidence to support it as a deterrent 4) It leaves no room for appeal and thus denies due process 5) It's cruel and unusual 6) It's barbaric; aren't we past that? 7) It inflicts punishment on survivors of the deceased who weren't

convicted

Maybe there's more; I didn't give it more than about 20 seconds of thought.

/jordan