[fla-left] Bloody execution photos draw gamut of responses(fwd)

W. Kiernan WKiernan at concentric.net
Mon Oct 11 18:56:05 PDT 1999

Stephen E Philion wrote:

> Bill,
> How about the death penalty for CEOs of factories/mines who make
> decisions that they have been told beforehand will cause deaths...?
> The cases would have to be clear cut of course...to be fair...and of
> course, those who are accused would have to have access to the
> available Public Defender...to be fair of course...

There is a strong case against Dow management with regard to Bhopal. Does the Indian government inflict the death penalty? There are the mining and logging industries; the occupational death rate for a logger is more than three times as high as that of a policeman working on the city streets. And of course there's the recent company-approved f***-up at that reprocessing plant in Japan, talk about clear-cut, the reckless illegal technique was written right down in their standard procedures handbook... some guy I read on the Internet right after the accident posted, "Look, it wasn't a reactor, it was only a fuel processing facility, so there's nothing to worry about!" A few hours after the accident, a mile from the plant, the radiation level was high enough (3 millisieverts/hour) that a child standing in the open air got the U.S. D.O.E. maximum annual dose in twenty minutes.

Yours WDK - WKiernan at concentric.net