Ohio House Bill 78

Tom Lehman uswa12 at Lorainccc.edu
Wed Oct 13 05:40:55 PDT 1999

I got a kick out of my own state representative. I called him up at the haberdashery where he hangs out when he's not in Columbus. His comment, "HB 78 what's that?" " I'll take a look at it when I go to Columbus this week." Well, the bill passed the state house of represenatives 94-1 and he wan't the one vote in opposition. Let's face it corporate law is not the most interesting stuff in the world. It's clouded in terminology and jargon. As a layman(pun intended) I find reading this stuff tough going too. Unfortunatley the devil is in the details, if you can stay awake!

Interestingly enough, I have been told that New York state attorney general Elliot Spitzer has assigned a couple of people from his office to take a look at this Ohio legislation!

Tom Lehman