Stratfor's zero-based intelligence method

Michael Pollak mpollak at panix.com
Thu Oct 21 08:47:56 PDT 1999

On Thu, 21 Oct 1999, Nathan Newman wrote:

> I would note that Stratfor's existence and anti-interventionism just
> illustrates the point that there is a large business consistituency attuned
> to opposing interventionism.

Stratfor is by no means against intervention on principle. As Friedman told Doug in his interview, "We have nothing against imperialism." They like hegemony, and they continuously state their contrarian belief that the military dimension of international life is becoming more rather than less important relative to its economic dimension.

Michael