Seattle

Christine Peterson quintanus at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 25 20:22:10 PDT 1999

What are you going to be doing? You aren't a lucky person who gets to go inside, are you? I'm going to be there until the 30th - I have to go back to work. I used to live there until a year ago. There are a lot of people planning to go - but some of my Seattle friends still haven't heard about it. Some internet people seem to crave witnessing or participating in some crazy stuff - but there are hopefully enough creative nonviolent people around Seattle to make it all work well. The newspaper keeps hyping up how the city is bringing in 400 chemical/biological weapons experts, and the protesters apparently all are uninformed people who never took econ.101 and they're going to do stuff like scaling buildings with suction cups to drop banners - but we should still humor them with free speech. The convention center is just two blocks from the upscale shopping area with Nike Town, Sacs fifth avenue, the new mall etc. and it's near Capital Hill where a lot of people live. It's a good location.

Seattle Free Radio is planning to have a full time broadcast including cellular phone reports from various locations. They're located on the Kalakala, a ferry boat that is being renovated in Lake Union.