Seattle

Chuck0 chuck at tao.ca
Mon Oct 25 20:45:16 PDT 1999

Christine Peterson wrote:

> What are you going to be doing? You aren't a lucky person who gets to go
> inside, are you?
> I'm going to be there until the 30th - I have to go back to work. I used to
> live there until a year ago. There are a lot of people planning to go - but
> some of my Seattle friends still haven't heard about it. Some internet
> people seem to crave witnessing or participating in some crazy stuff - but
> there are hopefully enough creative nonviolent people around Seattle to make
> it all work well. The newspaper keeps hyping up how the city is bringing in
> 400 chemical/biological weapons experts, and the protesters apparently all
> are uninformed people who never took econ.101 and they're going to do stuff
> like scaling buildings with suction cups to drop banners - but we should
> still humor them with free speech. The convention center is just two blocks
> from the upscale shopping area with Nike Town, Sacs fifth avenue, the new
> mall etc. and it's near Capital Hill where a lot of people live. It's a good
> location.
> Seattle Free Radio is planning to have a full time broadcast including
> cellular phone reports from various locations. They're located on the
> Kalakala, a ferry boat that is being renovated in Lake Union.

We're funding one of the D.C. anarchists to go out to Seattle. He's a small guy and they've told him that he will be climbing stuff.

Wish I could go. The protest against WTO is going to be huge.

-- Chuck0 http://flag.blackened.net/chuck0/home/

Dr. Laura is scared of this sig file +=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+ Mid-Atlantic Infoshop http://www.infoshop.org/

Spunk Library http://www.spunk.org/ "All the anarchy you'll ever need, organized neatly and with reassuring authority."

-- 1998 Rough Guide to the Internet

FREE MUMIA ABU-JAMAL AND LEONARD PELTIER! +=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=