Seattle

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Mon Oct 25 20:47:47 PDT 1999

Christine Peterson wrote:

>What are you going to be doing? You aren't a lucky person who gets
>to go inside, are you?

Heavens no. But judging from the three World Bank/IMF annual meetings I've been to, there's not much but hot air being generated inside such things. The real action is in private meetings, cocktail parties, etc., to which only elite journalists are invited (on the condition they not report the interesting stuff).

> Seattle Free Radio is planning to have a full time broadcast
>including cellular phone reports from various locations. They're
>located on the Kalakala, a ferry boat that is being renovated in
>Lake Union.

Hey, that sounds interesting. How do I track them down?

Doug