litcritter bashing...)

James Farmelant farmelantj at juno.com
Sat Oct 30 04:46:13 PDT 1999

On Sat, 30 Oct 1999 02:15:50 -0400 Yoshie Furuhashi <furuhashi.1 at osu.edu> writes:
>t wrote:

>While Foucault cannot explain (nor does he care to) the causal
>efficacy and
>explanatory power of science, Bhaskar's transcendental realism can.
>Foucault's error is that he felt he could dispense with the
>distinction
>between ideology and truth, ideology and science.

Not just Foucault but virtually all pomos attempt to do away with the distinctions between ideology and truth, ideology and science. That is why they cannot account for the efficacy of science in the prediction, control , and the understanding of natural phenomena. This is also why a pomo Marxism is untenable (Doug take note).

On the whole, I find that discussions and debates with pomos tend to less rewarding than the debates that I sometimes have with religious believers in the atheist newsgroups on Usenet. The pomos are confident that there is no such thing as truth but that they possess it anyway. Generally, I find pomos to be far more dogmatic and less openminded than religionists. Most curious I should say.

Jim F.

___________________________________________________________________ Get the Internet just the way you want it. Free software, free e-mail, and free Internet access for a month! Try Juno Web: http://dl.www.juno.com/dynoget/tagj.