foucault? relativist? ROTFL!

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Sat Oct 30 12:48:04 PDT 1999

Maureen Therese Anderson wrote:

>His critiques of F. are dispersed (as are his concurrences). But he did
>have a little pamphlet out several years ago, put out by some informal
>press/collective in the UK and which I'm pretty sure is still in print,
>called _Waiting for Foucault_. In effect a collection of one-liners and
>such (oy, some of which don't work as well on paper) reflecting his
>concerns about the academy in the early '90s. So if you're nostalgic for
>Sahlins-wit, and wanna see where he's taken it more recently, that's what
>you should track down.

<http://www.people.virginia.edu/~mee7x/pricklypear.html>

Prickly Pear Pamphlets

Prickly Pear Pamphlets was founded in 1993 in Cambridge, England, but is now very transnational. As you can see, we can be found on the web very easily. Our website is not very sophisticated, but it should give you an idea of what we've got to offer. After you've perused the listings, you can order from us via our PO Box or e-mail (mee7x at virginia.edu), or you can use the handy links we've listed.

The insipiration for the first series of pamphlets was the eighteenth-century figure of the pamphleteer, who spread new and radical ideas to as wide an audience as possible. The new series editors will continue to offer prickly polemics, aimed at engaging anthropologists, historians, philosophers, and cultural critics as they seek to give expression to the content of our world.

These are the web site addresses you can order them from:

* SPD Books * amazon.com

Also, these are our titles:

1. Anna Grimshaw and Keith Hart ANTHROPOLOGY AND THE CRISIS OF THE INTELLECTUALS 2. Marshall Sahlins WAITING FOR FOUCAULT (Sorry, sold out!)

[...]