Stratfor

Michael Hoover hoov at freenet.tlh.fl.us
Wed Sep 1 04:45:45 PDT 1999

> As I see it, Marcuse exaggerates the differences between the OSS and the
> CIA. Kellner writes that the OSS was a forerunner of the CIA in the
> introduction.
> Jim heartfield

Exaggerating differences between two is not same as working for latter which several listers have posted as fact to this list. My own comments on that matter have consistently noted that M can be criticized for time spent in State Dept. As for Kellner's comment, neither in dispute nor revelatory. As I previously indicated, K told me personally that Marcuse-CIA connection is "utter nonsense" (his words). Couldn't help but notice that you conveniently deleted that portion of my post to which you otherwise responded point-for-point (while adding nothing new). Michael Hoover