Bush wants to kill...

Tom Lehman uswa12 at Lorainccc.edu
Fri Sep 3 07:27:01 PDT 1999

Bush wants to kill my pet idea...

http://www.uswa.org/rapid/infofax083099.html

Although I did not coin the term Rapid Response, as far as I know I was the first to pitch the idea publicly and also to be quoted by a newspaper suggesting a plan of action of this nature. Of course, I'm sure that other great minds :o) in our union were thinking along the same lines at the time, and, all our union efforts are collective & democratic; it's we rather than me!

Getting back to Bush--the fact is that the USWA only spends 1% of union dues on political action/education. Everything else comes from voluntary contributions by Steelworkers. Also, we stopped going the soft money route in the early 90's---our contributions are direct to the candidates who support our causes.

Tom Lehman -------------- next part -------------- An HTML attachment was scrubbed... URL: <../attachments/19990903/b5740675/attachment.htm>