mad money (ecuador defaulting)

Carl Remick cremick at rlmnet.com
Fri Sep 10 14:21:18 PDT 1999

> It may be good for the debtors that their creditors speak with
> many voices; as Citibank's chief negotiator with New York City during
> its mid-1970s fiscal crisis said "we do have a certain noblesse
> oblige [sic] or tight and firm discipline. So that we could marshal
> our forces, and when we spoke to the city or the unions we could
> speak as one voice...."

Hmm, did Felix Rohatyn furnish that "one voice" ... or did his role as head of the Municipal Assistance Corporation mean that he functioned as the "ears"? Have always had a tough time figuring out Felix the Fixer's exact role, in all his incarnations.

Carl -------------- next part -------------- An HTML attachment was scrubbed... URL: <../attachments/19990910/b51d14d2/attachment.htm>