East Timor and Kosovo

rc-am rcollins at netlink.com.au
Sun Sep 12 20:34:29 PDT 1999

to keep reminding people, this is what has been decided:

' In a national television address, Habibie said he wanted to end the crisis in the former Portuguese colony. ''I have made the decision to give our approval to a peacekeeping force together with the Indonesian military to maintain the security of East Timor,'' he said '. [from the AAP]

note: "peacekeeping force together with the Indonesian military".

you can draw your own implications. mine are still pessimistic.

Angela _________