Fwd: 10 troubling facts : 1999 UN Human Development

Liza Featherstone lfeather32 at erols.com
Thu Sep 16 11:51:26 PDT 1999

Actually, what *do* other people think of that Lorde aphorism? I see it quoted everywhere and I really hate it. What do other people think it even means? And why is something so apparently pointless quoted so often? I think it's one of those dramatic slogans that substitutes for analysis, but maybe also sort of an excuse for totally ineffectual oppositional politics. Anyone have a different and perhaps more charitable take?

Liza