Fwd: 10 troubling facts : 1999 UN Human Development

Michael Yates mikey+ at pitt.edu
Thu Sep 16 17:53:54 PDT 1999

Well, I suppose if you take the masters' tools to be capital and if you suppose that embedded in tis capital is a very oppressive social relationship, then there might be something to it. For example, the masters use Tayloristic practices in their factories and their machines are built with Tayloristic principles in mind. It might not be a very good idea for us to use such tools ourselves in building a new society. On the other hand, many current technologies and the machines in which they are embedded seem eminently usable to tear the masters' houses down.

michael yates