what should we do to raise the living standards of poor people?

chang chang at public.shenzhen.cngb.com
Thu Sep 16 15:28:15 PDT 1999

Dear Tom Lehman, Yes, you are really a kind man!

Why should we think that we must keep poor people poor for ever? I really sympathize with poor people in their sufferings.

Therefore we must make every effort to raise the living standards of poor people.

Sincerely, Ju-chang He

SHENZHEN, P.R. CHINA Welcome to My Homepage <http://sites.netscape.net/juchang/> -----Original Message----- From: Tom Lehman <uswa12 at Lorainccc.edu> To: lbo-talk at lists.panix.com <lbo-talk at lists.panix.com> Date: Thursday, September 16, 1999 12:17 AM Subject: Re: what should we do to raise the living standards of poor people?

>Chang, keep up the good work. I'm all for what you have written
below!

>Do you translate any of your American e-mail pals into Chinese for
your pals in
>China? Of the Americans who do you like to translate into Chinese?
>
>Has George Washington Plunkitt: Plunkitt of Tammany Hall ever been
translated
>into Chinese?
>
>Tom Lehman
>
>Chang has written:
>
>> . . . The government should make laws to fix a minimum wage level in
>> accordance with the economic situation of the country and make it
clear that
>> the wages of all the workers oughtn't to be lower than this level.
The