Peasants protest mutant corn field test

Johannes Schneider Johannes.Schneider at gmx.net
Fri Sep 17 01:35:49 PDT 1999

Jim wrote:
> Farmers all over the world buy their seed corn
> rather than growing it. When you plant from your own harvest you get
> into a pretty rapidly diminishing return.
Since I am no expert in this field I have to rely on what I hear from the media. In a recent report on GM seed Sueddeutsche Zeitung was saying, that the rapidly diminishing returns from the farmers own harvest apply ( only ) to GM seed. In future its planned to have completely sterile seed. Could the experts comment? Johannes