PDS second in Saxony

James Farmelant farmelantj at juno.com
Tue Sep 21 06:00:11 PDT 1999

On Tue, 21 Sep 1999 09:19:30 +0100 Jim heartfield <jim at heartfield.demon.co.uk> writes:
>In message <3.0.2.32.19990921081705.011cf590 at pop.gn.apc.org>, Chris
>Burford <cburford at gn.apc.org> writes
>>I see that the PDS website has a couple of articles in English. They
>>promise to post a more considered statement on the Saxony election,
>perhaps
>>in the next week. Meanwhile here is their tactically and
>strategically
>>thoughtful analysis of the successes in Thuringia, and their foothold
>in
>>North Rhine Westphalia.
>
>This would be the political party formerly known as the Stasi, would
>it
>Chris? I'm looking forward to seeing you added to the list of
>polytechnic lecturers exposed as dupes of Erich Honecker on BBC2's
>Spying Game Series.

This kind of thing is really beneath you, Jim H. It is not exactly a secret that I have some serious differences with Chris (who is also known for taking cheap shots against other people too) but this kind of accusation certainly seems to feed into the kind of mini-McCarthyism that now seems to be besetting the UK. Why now after, the end of the Cold War, are the names of people who were accused of spying for the former USSR now being leaked to the press? Many of the people so accused have not been prosecuted deapite the fact they were allegedly exposed years ago. Whose interests are being served by this?

Jim F.

___________________________________________________________________ Get the Internet just the way you want it. Free software, free e-mail, and free Internet access for a month! Try Juno Web: http://dl.www.juno.com/dynoget/tagj.