Dennis, Alex, Bill, Stephen

alex lantsberg wideye at ziplink.net
Tue Sep 21 10:36:57 PDT 1999

Not at all. I'm militantly anti-Malthusian. I like people. I like big

cities where lots of people are collected, which is why I live in

one. I hate cars though. They foul the air, kill lots of people, and

lead to the creation of hideous and atomizing expressways and malls.

The city I live in is home to half carless households in the U.S.

that are above the poverty line. There aren't many other places in

the U.S. you can live without a car unless you want to walk 3 miles

lugging your groceries.

was anyone paying attention to the "Remember Bliss" campaign? its goal was to commemorate the 100th anniversay of the 1st traffic fatality. i believe the number of people who have died as a result of autos is between 3-5 million. who knows how many have been disabled. even more, add all the victims of the associated pollution.

check out www.rememberbliss.org for more info

alex