Stereolab

Peter Kilander peterk at enteract.com
Thu Sep 23 18:13:53 PDT 1999

>And they recorded the only pop song about the Kontradieff wave I know
>of. There's no lyric sheet and her French-accented English is hard to
>decode sometimes, but it's amusing to hear about the "economical
>cycle" over a synth-pop background.
>
>Doug

Here's a link for some of their lyrics: http://www.maths.monash.edu.au/~rjh/stereolab/lyrics.html

They are fantabulous live. Mind-blowing, really. They also have one of my favorite titles for a song, a good song: "Exploding Head Movie" which must refer to _Scanners_. The lyrics for French Disko make me think of Jedediah Purdy. (Or vice versa. I would have thought a meeting between he and Sucksters would be like a meeting of matter and anti-matter. I'm glad Suck took the high road - for once - though that was funny what they did with Jed's head.) French Disko

Though this world's essentially an absurd place to be living in It doesn't call for total withdrawal

I've been told it's a fact of life Men have to kill one another Well I say there are still things worth fighting for

La Resistance!

Though this world's essentially an absurd place to be living in It doesn't call for (bubble withdrawal)

It's said human existence is pointless As acts of rebellious solidarity Can bring sense in this world

La Resistance!