Saddam

J. Barkley Rosser, Jr. rosserjb at jmu.edu
Fri Sep 24 11:23:46 PDT 1999

Just to return to the original question involving the name of the president of Iraq, I do not, in fact know what his name is. I have read that he is of the Tikriti (Takriti, sp?) clan. That may mean that he is pulling a "Saud Faisal" routine in which actually his last name is Tikrit (or Takrit) but that Hussein is the name of his father. In that case, which is quite likely, his full name would be Saddam ibn Hussein ibn (first name of paternal grandfather) al Tikrit, or something like that. In that case, calling him "Mr. Hussein" is inaccurate and ridiculous. Barkley Rosser -----Original Message----- From: Oiboy27 at aol.com <Oiboy27 at aol.com> To: lbo-talk at lists.panix.com <lbo-talk at lists.panix.com> Date: Thursday, September 23, 1999 7:37 PM Subject: Re: Saddam