Newspaper fiction in WV

Tom Lehman uswa12 at Lorainccc.edu
Sat Sep 25 05:31:57 PDT 1999

I don't know how many of you have been reading the Harry Potter books; the highly promoted children's series. I find Harry to be a tough read. Especially aloud.

I came across the following serialized children's story in the Charleston WV Gazette. I can't think of another newspaper that does this type of thing anymore. At one time newspaper published fiction was a big deal for both adults and children.

This story for West Virginia readers takes place in Rhode Island. I guess Rhode Island is more mysterious than let's say Myrtle Beach, South Carolina. And probably a "cooler" place to visit if your from WV.

http://wvgazette.com/news/Community/1999091720/

http://wvgazette.com/news/Community/1999092423/

Tom Lehman