Americanization of global finance (cont.)

christian a. gregory chrisgregory11 at msn.com
Sun Sep 26 07:17:58 PDT 1999

> me, i'm still inclined to go with dennis' estimations of the situation.
US
> hegemony is kaput i tell ya, and the last ones to notice might well be
> those in the US. and is there no clearer indication of this than the
> Australian govt delivering the threat of breaking off military ties with
> the US unless the US at least appears to behave like the good hegemon it's
> always been?

Angela,

I don't disagree that the bases of U.S. economic power have been undermined. And in the long run, es ist kaputt, for sure. In the meantime, and until some other national or transnational set of actors steps in, we can expect it to continue to beat its chest--which will deafen some, irritate others, and fuck up some others' trade relations. Etc.

Christian