Marx on free trade

Tom Lehman uswa12 at Lorainccc.edu
Tue Sep 28 08:36:35 PDT 1999

Yeah, well the Steelworkers lawsuit against NAFTA said that NAFTA is a treaty and was passed into law without a 2/3 majority vote in the Senate. So far this arguement hasn't got too far with the federal judiciary :o(

I want to preface what I am about to say with a statement--I am not know or nor have I ever been an attorney. The USWA's NAFTA lawsuit while highly educational in value and rooted is strong constitutional language, just didn't have the punch that a class action lawsuit might or could have on the powers to be. Here I am talking about the Steelworkers a very diverse group of Americans who have been injured by the actions of their own government taken against a very broad class of people the American industrial worker. I also see disparity of treatment arguements that could be worked into this format!

Roy Bean