News and notes for Sep 30, A Luta Cont'inua

Marko Ajdaric marko at bahianet.com.br
Thu Sep 30 02:22:52 PDT 1999

See today at http://pagina.de/marko [or http://pagina.de/luta ]

***Now we are featuring past edition on line***

Museveni: The problem of Africa is not its people

U.S.: That's what wiggy men are for: Judge rejects 'limited' settlement of ''popular'' diet drug Redux

Mbeki follows his teachers: calls workers for ''cohabitation''

Brutality in media can cause boys to equate violence with masculinity

427 journalists have been killed in war zones across the globe in the last 10 years

Oh, so nice, so late to say it! ''Colonialism Was Wrong'' British Minister

UNCTAD: Transnationals are globalisation's rulers

As a Brazilian bard says: ''My heroes died of overdosis, and... 'The management of water supply systems ín Mozambican cities will be in the hands of a private operator'

WWF: There are effective alternatives to using DDT to control malaria

Calif: Asbestos dust law rejected

Hospital nurses in Zimbabwe to join doctors strike

A site featuting many informations about (and against) Echelon

Dozens of students wounded in Monrovia

Netherlands suspended development aid to Zimbabwe, claiming abuse of human rights

US 'gave Timor militias the green light'

Clins d'oeuil over blairism: 'State schools, private profits'

Canada: Chiefs tell natives to keep on fishing

Arabian Gulf: salt level soars and the water temperature rises to a blistering 38 ºC

Panama struggles to protect San Lorenzo Forest