Workplace Humanism

Mohan Bavirisetty Mohan.Bavirisetty at sybase.com
Mon Apr 3 16:46:10 PDT 2000

Greetings Fellow LBO talkers!

I just joined this evening. Feel free to correct me if violate any netiquette of this mailing list.

Working out a detailed dialectic of what I call Workplace Humanism has been among my persuits of late. I had been examining the alienation at modern workplace against the backdrop of phenomena such as downsizing, globalization, massive acquisitions and obsolence. I am willing to conclude now that aggregate behaviour (at least at decision making level) is predictable due to the sheer economic factors at workplace. Has anyone worked out a detailed model of this macro level behaviour ? I can't find any satisfactory analysis since Marx's Economic and Philosophical manuscripts of 1844.

Mohan Bavirisetty