Bears & Crashes

Carl Remick carlremick at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 4 12:57:01 PDT 2000

> > Here I was, feeling pretty good about the market's nosedive. Now I'm
> > depressed all over again.
>
>Please remind me why we've all been so eagerly awaiting a stock market
>crash. How exactly will this benefit the people of the world?

Er, if you want people to be receptive to new ideas, you have to get their attention first. A crash could, at long last, break the spell cast in the Thatcher-Reagan years and create the possibility for Meaningful Change.

>My impression is that depressions are good for financial interests but not
>much else.

Just about *everything* that occurs in the world as we know it is good for financial interests and not much else. Again, a crash could yield the possibility for something better.

>Is "The Left" a perhaps unwitting tool of financial capital, as I
>sometimes suspect in my darker moments?

Dunno. All I can say is, I earn my living as a *witting* tool of financial capital.