Michel Chossudovsky on Vietnam (was Re: 5th columnist)

Rakesh Bhandari bhandari at Princeton.EDU
Thu Apr 6 09:17:48 PDT 2000

> Instead of
>counting neocolonial chickens, the global Left ought to be helping
>embryonic dragons to hatch.

Well let's leave aside little Vietnam, what has South Korea given up in order to be allowed to depreciate the won which from Samuelson's account seems to be driving the recovery that is showing up as a mounting US current account deficit? It's true that if it looks and quacks like a duck, it could only be a mechanical duck. But it looks like a lot of real subordination to imperialist capital to me--there is no reason to tolerate post Cold War the protection lent to the favored NICS. At any rate, Dennis, I am just baffled about how you can be such an enthusiast for that Frankfurt critic of technology and the totally administered society and at the same celebrate the worse kinds of capital accumulation from the perspective of labor and the environment. Yours, Rakesh

Yours, Rakesh