So, Mr. Buchanan, what about Elian?

Carl Remick carlremick at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 7 10:24:41 PDT 2000

I just did a search at Pat Buchanan's presidential campaign website to see if I could ferret out his views on the Elián González fiasco and found nada.

This whole episode must be causing the agonies of damned for the anticommunist, "safeguarding our borders" (actual name of one of the main subsections at Buchanan's site) crowd. Here we are with their worst nightmare come true – an actual, heavy-duty ethnic insurgency in Fortress America, and who's conducting it? Their good ol' buddies, the anti-Castro Cuban expats of Miami. If it wasn't for the fact that this sorry saga will surely leave lasting psychic scars on Elián, this turn of events would something to savor.

Carl