question #2: intellectuals on gov't payroll? orwell?

Chris Kromm ckromm at mindspring.com
Sat Apr 8 12:05:38 PDT 2000

Due to the very kind reception to my first question, I'm encouraged to ask another for my talk tonight: does anyone have the posts the appeared here earlier about 1) intellectuals who were on the gov't (CIA?) payroll as part of the anti-communist crusade? I believe it was from a story in Chronicle of Higher Education; and 2) the post about the ending of Orwell's "Animal Farm" being re-written to drop out the anti-capitalist references?

Many thanks for any who can help, CK