question #2: intellectuals on gov't payroll? orwell?

Chris Kromm ckromm at mindspring.com
Sat Apr 8 12:12:37 PDT 2000

I just found both the stories I was looking for in my files -- ugh, sorry about this. CK

----- Original Message ----- From: Chris Kromm <ckromm at mindspring.com> To: <lbo-talk at lists.panix.com>; <marxism at lists.panix.com> Sent: Saturday, April 08, 2000 3:05 PM Subject: question #2: intellectuals on gov't payroll? orwell?

> Due to the very kind reception to my first question, I'm encouraged to ask
> another for my talk tonight: does anyone have the posts the appeared here
> earlier about 1) intellectuals who were on the gov't (CIA?) payroll as
part
> of the anti-communist crusade? I believe it was from a story in Chronicle
of
> Higher Education; and 2) the post about the ending of Orwell's "Animal
Farm"