What I learned at the world economic crisis.The Insider By JOSEPH STIGLITZ

Martin Schiller mart555 at t-three.com
Tue Apr 11 07:00:04 PDT 2000

Michael Pugliese said on 4/9/00 1:22 PM

> From the New Republican. Other stories are excerpts of a hagiography of
>Al Gore. Pg. 100 talks of his pot-smoking in the 70's at The Farm in
>Tenessee, the Emmett Grogran commune. Was the farm where Tracy Nelson and
>Mother Earth communed near there? Anyone have the run down on Emmett, have a
>vague sense of his notoriety in hippie lore. There is a long out of print
>book from either Ramparts Press or Straight Arrow, the RS imprint, entitled,
>"Mindfuckers, " on those characters, no?
> Michael
>Pugliese

The Farm was the product of Steve Gaskin, and I was interested in what the politics of his recent purge from the history of The Farm was about. Up until a couple of years ago his musings had been prominent on The Farm's web pages. But I could find _nothing_ about him the last time that I visited the site. (I just looked again and doing a search of the site found a brief bio in their archives, but nothing about his role in the origins.) It was such a complete purging that I asked on the list if anyone had any information about the motivation.

http://www.gaia.org/archives/susconf/gaskin/index.html