What I learned at the world economic crisis.The Insider By JOSEPH STIGLITZ

Michael Hoover hoov at freenet.tlh.fl.us
Tue Apr 11 11:52:26 PDT 2000

> >The Farm in
> >Tenessee, the Emmett Grogran commune. Was the farm where Tracy Nelson and
> >Mother Earth communed near there?
> >Michael Pugliese

> Martin Schiller:
> The Farm was the product of Steve Gaskin, and I was interested in what
> the politics of his recent purge from the history of The Farm was about.

gotta luv counter-culture trivial pursuit...

Perhaps above confuses Grogan (Diggers), Gaskin (Farm), Wavy Gravy/aka Hugh Romney (Hog Farm)...both The Farm & The Hog Farm used old school buses, former for permanent residences & latter for road trips...

TN & ME moved to Tennessee prior to establishment of The Farm in early 1970s, band lived in Nashville & recorded at Bradley's Barn (owned by record producer Owen Bradley) which sits on farmland just outside of town, The Farm is near Summertown about 75 miles away...

fwiw: I recall reading that Gaskin was seeking Green Party presidential nomination this year... Michael Hoover (who spent short time at The Farm *many, many, many* years ago)